Tuesday, July 18, 2006

LATEST NEWS

Hello, everyone!! This post is more of a personal one. I don't normally do this, but I wanted to let you all know about some of the exciting things that are coming up for Crystal Goss Photography! But first, I should give an update on the studio.




Many of you know, but some of you do not know that the studio flooded the first week of May. This was very hard on Jeremy and me at first because we put so much hard work and money into the studio. We were only a week or two from "officially" opening when the flood came. We thought at first that just the floors were ruined, but we learned a couple of weeks ago that there is more damage. Water got under the floors and black mold has spread from underneath the floors up the walls. The place basically has to be gutted to get rid of all of the mold. Our landlord is working to take care of it all, but it is going to be really expensive. We don't know what the timeline will be, and Jer and I are trying to decide whether we are going to wait and try to stick it out or begin looking for a new space. My heart is in this building, so I hope it works out that we stay in our space. However, we also trust that God is going to give us a much better space if we have to move. I will continue to do portrait work even though I do not have a studio space for it, so if you are interested please don't hesitate to call! But do not call the studio line because I only check that answering machine every week to two weeks. Please call the number listed on the website. :)

And speaking of website.........here is a big announcement. Crystal Goss Photography will have a brand new website hopefully within the next month!!!!!!! I am very excited about this! My webguy, Chris Kear, has been amazing, but he and his wife moved a few weeks ago. He has to update the current site, and I want to have control over that. It would be really difficult for him to continue to do it from hours away. I really like the design of the new site. It is very simple and clean-lined, and I hope everyone loves it! It will also feature my brand new LOGO!!!!



My buddy Eric Cotter put this logo together for me a couple of months ago, but due to everything that has been going on with the studio I have hesitated to put it out there. But here it is!!! :) And I love it!!! Look for this logo in my ad that will be coming out in the fall issue of Arkansas Bride!

I have another announcement that is LONG overdue! :) I was accepted into the Wedding Photojournalist Association in March! I feel so honored to have been selected to be a member of this amazing organization! Here is a quote from the WPJA website (www.wpja.com):
"Leading the way in Wedding Photojournalism, WPJA represents the most discriminating talent around the world technically, creatively and visually. Qualified members hold industry-leading standards, skills and business integrity...........The Wedding Photojournalist Association is a highly screened, critical organization. Less than 5% of wedding photographers out there qualify for membership."



I also took a chance and entered a few images into the first contest after I was accepted, and I am very excited to let you know that I placed 6th in the "First Dance" category with this image:


Like I said, there are some very exciting things happening these days! My husband and I have been overwhelmed with joy. God has been blessing this business so much in the past few months, and we feel so blessed. Thank you to all of you who enjoy my work and share it with your friends. I will continue to do my best to learn and to stretch my work each and every day for all of you! I feel truly blessed to be able to say that I am truly passionate about what I do for a living! And I love how each new client who comes along becomes a new friend!

Please continue to check back for more updates as many changes are being made in the business in the coming days! I appreciate you all! God bless!!!!

~ Crystal

5 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Holritz Photography said...

Thanks so much for the update! We have been missing you like crazy!

Your most recent wedding rocks!

love!

amber

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Melanie Benjamin said...

Crystal! I know your web design guy...Chris Kear! His wife and I were in our sorority together, and they were both really close friends of my older sister. I love Chris and Tara! Small world huh? Hope you're having a great week!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

So, so, so Happpy for you!! You deserve only the best!!
xoxo

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Van Buren Photography said...

I am sorry to hear the news about the studio. I know it will all work out the way it is supposed to. I am looking forward to hanging out with you in LA! I hope the next month is great for you.

Katie

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger || davidjay || said...

Wow! That picture is amazing! ...and I hope everything worked out with the studio! I'm so sorry about the flood. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter