Friday, July 07, 2006

KELLY & AARON

I had the pleasure of shooting Kelly and Aaron's wedding with Jenna on Monday. This wedding was the whole reason that I flew up to Denver to shoot. Kelly and Aaron are very close friends with Jenna and Matt. Matt was even a best man in the wedding party! Kelly and Aaron love Jenna's photography skills, but they wanted her to also be able to put the camera down and have fun with them all day long too. So they searched for another photographer and with Jenna's help they chose me! Boy am I glad they did!!!! :) What an awesome wedding and what an awesome couple! Nothing - not even a little rain - could stop these two! haha! Read on for the story.......

The groomsmen had a blast coming up the mountain on the ski lift! It was so cute, and I knew instantly that this was going to be one fun group of guys!




Aaron and his groomsmen. You can see the rain coming in over the mountains in the back.



Things got a little crazy when the rain came in. All of the groomsmen and the groom were up on the mountain with Jenna and me, and Kelly and the bridesmaids along with all of the guests were stuck at the bottom of the mountain. The ceremony was delayed and whether the location would be moved or not was up in the air. Finally the skies cleared and the rain stopped. The ceremony was on, and the bride was on her way up! The groomsmen were put to work drying up all of the chairs outside before the guests arrived. I love this shot of Matt (Jenna's husband) wringing out his soaking towel! You can see other groomsmen hard at work behind him.



Some details:




The beautiful bride:



The ceremony had the most amazing backdrop!!



The rain started again during the ceremony. Ponchos and umbrellas were quietly passed around. Everyone was fine with it - especially Kelly and Aaron! They just laughed and refused umbrellas. haha!



Kelly and Aaron were such great sports and got out in the rain to get some fun shots!!




Things got a little CRAZY at the reception! And there were so many talented dancers!! I've never seen so much dancing at a reception!! Everyone had such a great time!



This wedding was beautiful and a total blast! I truly feel honored to have been a part of it. Kelly and Aaron, I hope you guys enjoy your honeymoon, and I wish you the best!!!!

Check out Jenna's blog for some of her pictures from the week. I'm posting from my Mac, so I don't think I can put the link in. Her blog is at www.jennawalkerphotography.blogspot.com

~ Crystal

2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

WOW!!! Crystal you're awesome!!!
That should have been incredible shooting up in the mountains!!
You just keep getting more amazing!
Miss you!!! :)

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jenna & Matt Walker said...

AWWW! must email kelly and aaron in costa rica! they'll love these. i'm going to get matt in the other room so he can see his picture on a blog...I love that shot you got of him!

Hey Jeremy - what do you say? Colorado???? i promise you'd love it here!

it really was a crazy wedding. party of the decade!

WE MISS YOU (STILL!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter