Tuesday, May 01, 2007

ROLLERCOASTER

I guess this is how it goes......up and down.....up and down. Brayson has been doing so well. He has been taking his bottles like a champ, sleeping well, and making plenty of dirty diapers for us! He passed his carseat angle tolerance test a couple of days ago, and we were being told that he would be coming home with us today. But then he started desating on all of his bottles last night....he has desated on every bottle since 6:00 pm yesterday. For those who don't know - a desat is when his heart rate drops and his oxygen saturation goes down. His face starts changing colors from a nice pink color to a dusky kind of bluish color. It takes stimulation to bring everything back up again. He is doing this because he is getting choked up on his bottles. We don't know now how long it will take for him to be ready to come home. I believe the doctors may do a swallow test later on. Today will be a long day....he is getting an eye exam, another head ultrasound, and possibly a swallow exam. And my guess is that the feeding tube is going back in his nose. All of this is making me super emotional. It's difficult to focus on anything right now besides him. Please keep us in your prayers. I am so ready for him to come home, but I don't want him to come home before he is ready. I am so glad this all happened before he came home with us. Please pray for a positive outlook and patience for myself and for Jeremy. Pray for Brayson to get eveything together in his own time, and pray for any exams he will have to undergo to have good results.

Thank you, and we love you all.

Crystal

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger nicole green said...

you guys are definitely in my thoughts!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Liana said...

Aw hon - prayers for all of you! Stay strong girl - I know you've got it in you - just don't forget that God is in control :)

Luv,
L

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

Crystal, our thoughts and prayers go out to you guys. I bet it is tough. God is there for you guys. Lean on Him.

Calvin

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Girl,
So sorry that you guys had a bum day. I'm sure that God was trying to tell you that it was just not time yet. I know that doesn't make it any easier for you. I'll keep you guys in my prayers and I know you'll have great coming home news soon!
take care
Lisa

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Cynthia in NW Arkansas said...

Ohhhh I am sorry to hear this...I was hoping Brayson was on his way home. We are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.
Cyn & Tess

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger jason groupp said...

Crystal - My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sure he will come home with you guys soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter