Saturday, April 07, 2007

Brayson is one week old!!!

We are so proud of how Brayson has done over the past week! His feeds have increased every day. He lost 4 ounces the first couple of days, but he has gained all of it back plus some! He will probably get out from under the light today, so he won't have to wear that bothersome mask anymore. He's an active little bugger, but he almost never cries. The other morning the nurse said she walked by his isolette and he had pulled his mask down to his chin, kicked his diaper off to the bottom of the isolette, and was waving his feeding tube around in his hand! He has jerked it out several times now......makes me a nervous wreck! He graduated from the middle nursery in the NICU to the last one before he gets to come home! I call it "graduated" but Jeremy says it's more like prison overcrowding and getting out on early parole! haha! The ran out of room and chose a couple of the best babies to move up sooner than they would have, and Brayson was doing the best! We were there when they moved him. Jeremy got to help pull his equipment over and I took a couple of pictures. We are so proud and thankful. God is so good! He has blessed us tremendously this week. It's really hard having a baby in the NICU, but we have had so much support and prayer from family and friends this week! And all of my clients have been so understanding and patient. I thank you and love you all!!! I hope you enjoy these pictures!








Labels:

11 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Shyla said...

sooooo precious.


I miss you Crystal love.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Cynthia in NW Arkansas said...

I am so happy to hear of Brayson's progress!!
Cyn

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

He is sooo tiny and soo sweet. The pictures made me cry. So glad to hear that he is doing good and hopefully he will be able to come home soon!
Take care
Lisa

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Daniel J. Watkins said...

Such good news! Pulling out that feeding tube is a sign that he's a healthy, active boy...and he's getting ready to go HOME!! Congrats on the graduation -- I remember those milestones with our daughter. :) So proud of you both for doing so well with this experience. And I LOVE shot # 8293 -- keep the pictures coming. :)

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger marisa nabholz said...

So close to the hands of God!! How beautiful he is!! Congrats,marisa

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Angela Spicer said...

Hey Crystal and Jeremy! It is so wonderful to see that you and your sweet little one are doing so well. I have been praying for you. You're parents of a beautiful, strong child! We miss you both so much. I'm sorry we're missing out on this new part of life. Thanks for the pictures. I will love the updates.
Will and Angela

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger nicole green said...

those are soo sweet. i'm so happy that he is still doing wonderful!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Liana said...

What fantastic news!! Got a good chuckle at the description of him pulling diaper off and waving tube around. Hehehe. He's gonna have your spunk girlfriend! LOL.

HAPPY EASTER!

xoxo,
banana

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am praying for you guys all the time. I'm so excited for you, and proud...

loves.

a

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger becca said...

He is so sweet! I am so proud of you guys! Your family will continue to be in my family's prayers! I love you!
becca

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger MAP said...

Crystal, I can tell a change in him just since last Wednesday. I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well. Yes you are so right..GOD IS SO GOOD!!! Pappaw Lacey sent me an email making sure that I seen the new pics..I don't think he's proud at all...LOL. I know he can't wait to introduce him to the huntings scene!!! We are still praying for all of you and our prayer is that Brayson will be home soon with a family that loves him very much!! Take care and God Bless...Love you, Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter