Monday, May 14, 2007

MY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY

When Jeremy took these pictures of me and my belly while we were in the Dominican I NEVER would have thought that just one week later I would be lying in a hospital bed hooked up to wires and machines trying to postpone labor. I would have never thought I would actually BE a mother on Mother's Day this year! But I am, and I am so happy!!!





On my first Mother's Day I must say that I truly felt blessed for so many reasons. I have family and friends who love, encourage, and support me. So many wonderful people have helped us out in so many ways over the past few weeks. Friends have cooked and entertained for us. My mother and my mother-in-law have come to the house and cleaned, organized, brought gifts, and cooked meals for us to get us through the weeks Brayson was in the hospital. Jeremy's Nanny has also cooked us many wonderful meals topped off with her fantastic desserts! We know that so many wonderful people have prayed for us and for Brayson over the last couple of months. I am blessed because I have a beautiful baby boy who is now at home with us sleeping in his craddle making the sweetest little baby sounds. Every time he looks at me my heart melts! He immediately lifts my spirits with his sweet grin. I am blessed because I have a truly wonderful husband whose love I never doubt! I referred to him yesterday as a diamond in the rough! I have to brag on him because he is so great. He is so loving and helpful and encouraging. From massaging my tense muscles to changing dirty diapers (really dirty ones!), getting bottles ready, doing laundry and dishes, running errands, doing yardwork and everything in between - he has simply blown me away! He is what is keeping our lives somewhat in order right now. I love him so much and am so thankful to have him in my life. He is going to be the best dad Brayson could ever wish for!

I can't stop taking pictures of Brayson. He seems to change a little bit every day, and I don't want to miss a thing! Here are a few a took a couple of days ago. Brayson is lying in a cradle that has been in our family for over 24 years! A friend of the family built this craddle when I was born. I slept in it, my sister slept in it, and now Brayson rests in it! How special!



Jeremy was holding Brayson in our living room, and I noticed the beautiful light pouring through the window. I had to grab my camera! I love this shot!




Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful moms out there!

~ Crystal

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger jason groupp said...

OMG! Yea!!! I am crying with joy! I am so glad to hear you guys are home now!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger nicole green said...

umm yeah, i have tears too. :) i am so happy for you. i hope you had the best mothers day! :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger MAP said...

Crystal,
I am so glad to hear that Brayson is home now and doing well. The pics of him are absolutely adorable!! I know you are so glad to be at home with him. Yes, we are all so blessed in so many ways but you really never know just how blessed you are until you look into the eyes of a lil miracle from God. There is nothing in the world like being a mom....cherish every moment because they grow up so fast. I wish you all nothing but the best and I can't wait to see him again. Love, Melissa

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger brad said...

You ain't gotta lie. Those pictures were taken at the river market this past weekend! You look good, though! That baby weight is coming right off.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Sarah Bussey Adams said...

Hey Guys!
I am so glad everything is going well and you have little Brayson home. I love the first picture Crystal. What a great shot. You look so beautiful.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger jhs said...

Crystal,

congratulations on having your absolutely adorable baby home.

I recently went through this experience with my best friend since college. Her little guy was almost 3 months early. But he is now 16 pounds!

Our prayers are with you. All our best,
Janet and Sterling

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Cynthia in NW Arkansas said...

Tessia slept in that cradle too.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Mare~Marmalade said...

happy first mother's day a bit late.

congratulations on the birth and home arrival of the baby.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger || davidjay || said...

:)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Kevin Keelan said...

Hey Crystal,
Love your site and your blog, Time well spent!
You have truly been blessed with wonderful Family and Friends and amazing talent as well.
May God continue to bless you and your family,
Kevin

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Yanci Gibson said...

Crystal,
I had no idea you guys have been through so much. I was just thinking over the weekend that I needed to check your blog because I knew you were getting close to your due date. Brayson is so beautiful, and I am so relieved you are home and both healthy. Girl, keep taking those pictures because Conley is only six months old and already she is her own little person. If you need anything we are just down the street don't hesitate to call.
LOL,
Scarlett Conley, Yanci and Brandon Gibson

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww I know this is belated but Happy Mom's day! Those are beautiful pics of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter