Sunday, May 06, 2007

DISAPPOINTED AGAIN.....

Alright, so we decided that we will no longer get excited about the possibilities of Brayson coming home. We will get excited once he IS home. Last night he started having episodes with desatting AGAIN, and so AGAIN we are not getting to bring him home. I, however, have decided that I will be staying day and night at the hospital so that I can feed him every feed myself since he has not desatted on any of his feeds with me. (knock on wood) So far so good. I just have to see for myself what is going on with him. I will be camping out in the waiting room making sure to be in the nursery every three hours day and night. I wish they would just let me sleep in one of the many spare rooms they have around here, but no such luck. Please continue to keep us all in your prayers. This is not easy for me or Jeremy or our families. Please pray for Brayson. His red blood cell count is low and he may end up getting a blood transfusion if it doesn't come up. It came up a little today, but it still needs to come up more tomorrow. The doctor seems to think that his desatting episodes are due to a possible infection, so they are looking for all signs of an infection. If he has one he will be on antibiotics and may end up being here for 7 to 10 more days. I don't really think an infection is what was causing his desats last night since he has not desatted all day with me, but please pray.

Thank you. We will be keeping you all updated.

~ Crystal

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger Sofia Negron Photography said...

I am thinking about...I can't even imagine how hard this is and I hope that things turn around soon. we are all cheering for the 3 of you. Love you!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Cynthia in NW Arkansas said...

Awwww, Crystal and Jeremy, I am so sorry. I was really hoping for a homecoming. I know that is so disappointing. We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers ....
Cyn & Tess

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger nicole green said...

you guys are in my thoughts. <3

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sarah Bussey Adams said...

Crystal,
I am so sorry to hear this. I have been thinking about you guys a lot. I am back in town and you are more than welcome to sleep at our house. I can give you a key and you can come and go as you please. I will call you later.
Sarah

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger jason groupp said...

Crystal. I cant believe they wont let you crash in an empty room. That stinks. After spending only two days in the hospital with Liz we were ready to leave. I cant imagine all that time there.... My thoughts are with you every day. You guys will be home soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

javascript hit counter